Pages

Monday, February 6, 2017

Productivity

First off, I must apologize for not posting in awhile. I really wish I could post twice a week (#goals), but I don't see that happening in the near future. I know, I'm lazy. Anyway.

This post was inspired by the fact that I had a super productive weekend. I mean, it was really productive. I haven't felt that accomplished in a long time, and let me tell you it was an amazing. My body is tensing with excitement just thinking about it.

Now, I don't know about you, but I LOVE lists. I have so many random ones and half of the ones that I do aren't even necessary. There's just something great to me about them. I don't know why. So, although you probably don't care, I'm going to give you a list of what I completed this weekend.

1. All my chores (my least favorite thing, but the most necessary)
2. I made up a Google form and sent it to all 30 of my senior classmates. That required copying all their email addresses down. Kinda fun, cuz I like forms too. I know, I'm so weird.
3. I typed up my senior bio for the yearbook and got my mom to sign off for it. Then I sent it in.
*side note I got a checklist for my senior year and that made me so happy. I GET TO CHECK STUFF OFF. I love doing that!
4. Typed up some eblasts to send out for senior deadlines. As secretary of CHEFA's senior leadership team, I am responsible for sending out all the eblasts for senior stuff.
5. I completed my future plans form for the graduation program. I just turned it in today, so I can check that off!
This last thing surprised me. I agreed to go out shopping with my mom at 3pm. I am a homebody, and I don't like going out very much. Also, I was kinda tired. But I went out!
6. I bought my black tri-fold board for my senior board.
(All this stuff was on Saturday)
7. And finally, I bought my banquet dress yesterday. I still might look around some more, but I really like this one. Maybe you'll get some pictures of me after banquet in March. :)

Ok, I just realized that my list took up wayyy too much of this post, but oh well.

Now, the most important point about all this weekend is that I actually felt like doing everything. I had fun doing it. I wanted to do it. That is a pretty amazing thing because I struggle with productivity. I often don't have motivation for doing things. I go through phases. Sometimes it's intense, where I have to fight apathy and lethargy and other times it's pretty easy to overcome just not wanting to do something. If I'm honest, I am rather weak about stuff. If I don't feel like it, most of the time I don't do it. I do recognize it, however, and I'm working on correcting it.

Productivity is a product of your will. Your want and drive to do something results in something being accomplished. Life isn't filled with stuff that is easy to do or stuff that we are excited to do. But this weekend taught me something. The accomplishment of completing a lot of tasks is a rather awesome high. Even if you don't anticipate it and feel great while you're doing it like I did, you can know that you will have a sense of pride and accomplishment over your work, and then you will make it through the days where you don't want to be productive.

As a last note, sometimes we need a break. Everyone does. Don't push yourself to the breaking point. You will be more productive if you know when you need to take a breather.

~Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment