Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2017

My YouTube Aspirations

Ever since I posted my first video on YouTube for a school assignment, I've entertained dreams of posting videos and having a full channel. At first, I dismissed it as becoming reality because I had no idea what to post about. Now, I have a few ideas, but the dream still refuses to look realistic. My ideas are these:

1. Song covers
2. Dance videos
3. Performance sign language videos

The problems with making this happen are many. The first is that I lack a good camera and knowledge of how to shoot different angles and all that good stuff. Good cameras are expensive, and I don't have money to buy one. If I were to shoot now, it would be using my tablet. The second problem is good lighting/location, for all the ideas, but especially the dance ones. Audio quality would be another, though that pretty much only pertains to if I did covers. I don't own a microphone, and those are also expensive. But that's just the technical stuff.

The second batch of problems don't have to do with equipment. There's the confidence factor. I love singing, and I love dancing, but number one am I confident enough to post myself doing those things on the Internet, and number two, am I confident enough to do it in front of the person that would have to film for me? The answer is an iffy yes to the first, and an iffy no to the second. Also, do I have time? I already struggle with blogging enough and I'm not even in school right now.

Regardless of any of those problems, I probably won't be posting any videos until I'm eighteen. But that's if I decide to post at all and if I'm even able to. I have aspirations and dreams, but will they become reality? I suppose we will just have to wait and see.

~Clarissa


7 comments:

  1. Hello * waves* I came across your blog by accident (I think a friend of a friend of a friend) and liked some of your entries, so I followed, I hope you don't mind :)

    What if you tried filming yourself first--keeping a sort of (private) video diary? Perhaps using the same material you have in mind for your youtube channel? This would give you a better idea of how come off on camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not! I'm so happy you decided I was worth following :)

      And that is a great suggestion that I will certainly try!

      Have a blessed day

      Delete
  2. I would love to see your videos if you started a youtube channel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So tempted to start YouTube. Love watching vlogs and would like to start! Just found your blog and so glad I did! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. DO THE YOUTUBE THING!!! I would totally subscribe to your channel and watch you do alll the wonderful and beautiful things. I didn't know you were a dancer! I would absolutely loveeee to watch you dance. I believe in you, Clarissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, my friend Erin and I are in the process of starting a YouTube channel for performance sign!! And I took ballet for six years, but I'm more of a lyrical dancer

      Delete
    2. Oh cool, post updates on that please! And cool, I took ballet for a couple years, but then I stopped enjoying it so I stopped taking classes.

      Delete