Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Goals for 2017

It's rather common for people to make "New Year's Resolutions" at the start of a new year. A man at my church informed us today that only eight percent of people keep their resolutions. That is a really low percentage. Around Christmastime, I thought that I wasn't going to make any. I haven't ever really, but if I did, I was part of the ninety-two percent of people who didn't keep them.

But somewhere along the line of  the couple of days before New Year's, I decided that there were some things that I wanted to change about my life this year. They were little things and as such, I wasn't sure if they were even worth making a formal declaration about.

I'm not calling them new year's resolutions, because for some reason that just doesn't sound right. Therefore, I'm calling them new year's goals. I didn't really announce them to the world either, just a couple close friends. One of my friends said that they were quite achievable, but as small as they are, I believe that they will present a challenge. However, that doesn't scare me anymore and I am ready for the challenge.

So here are my goals for 2017!

1. Drink enough water. I've had a problem with staying hydrated this past year, and it's at times gotten so bad that I've gotten pretty intense headaches. It's just a matter of developing a habit and inconveniencing my impatient self to drink the whole bottle.

2. Eat less sugar. I think I may qualify for saying that I have a sugar addiction. I eat way too much of it and I believe that it has become a comfort for me instead of turning to God. Eating sugar is also supposed to contribute to acne, and I am going to clear up my skin this year.

3. Stress less. I have a major problem with stress and I believe that the steps I must take to conquer it will draw me closer to God and address some of the emotional issues that I have with my family, fear, and failure.

4. Write 100,000 words. This was just kinda something that I came up with out of the blue, but if I do NaNoWriMo this year, I should have any easy time with doing 50k during the remaining eleven months of the year. (If I don't, I shall be very mad). But the main purpose of this goal is to get me to write more.

I look forward to what 2017 will bring!
~Clarissa

1 comment:

  1. I've been so bad at drinking water lately! I need to try harder. I have a sugar addiction too lol My mom is trying to help me fix that this year.
    Great goals, Clarissa! You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete