Pages

Saturday, September 2, 2017

The Courtship Book Tag

     I stole this tag from my friend Brittany's blog because it looked really cool and it'll give you some insight into what kind of books I love and the writing styles I like. I also find the set up an interesting analogy. Here goes.

    
 
     Initial Attraction (a book you bought because of the cover): Jane Eyre. I had already read this book when I bought this edition, but I was looking for a copy to buy and I chose this one because of the pretty cover.




















First Impressions (a book you got because of the summary): The One Memory of Flora Banks. I haven't read this book yet, but I want to read it because of the synopsis.


















Sweet Talk (a book with great writing): The Book Thief. This book has amazing writing. It's so poetic and full of imagery with a healthy dose of sarcasm and dry humor. Plus it's narrated by Death.



















First Date (the first book of a series which made you want to pursue the rest of the series): The Final Empire - Mistborn #1. Brandon Sanderson is a fantastic (seriously) writer and Vin remains one of my top two favorite characters of his. She's so awesome. And so is Kelsier. It's just an awesome book and an awesome series.

















Late Night Phone Calls (a book that kept you up all night long): The Lunar Chronicles: Winter. Because I just had to get to the climax and see how everything turned out!!!!! It's the last book in the series after all.



















Always on My Mind (a book you could not stop thinking about): Ender's Game. I remember being in awe that Orson Scott Card could create a character like Ender that was so incredibly complex and wise and knowledgeable. This book also has so many nuggets for thought about pain and love and war.



















Getting Physical (a book in which you love the way it feels): The Revenge of the Sith. I like it because it's small and I can hold it and palm it easily. It's a paperback and it's bendy and worn and highlighted and loved because it's one of the best books ever. It really should go as an answer for Sweet Talk along with The Book Thief because Matthew Stover's writing is freaking amazing. This book is the only one I've highlighted and dogeared and it grabs my heart every time I read it even though I've read it like fifteen times.



















Meeting the Parents (a book you would recommend to your friends and family): The Bronze Bow. It's suitable for pretty much any age, and it's such a beautiful story of forgiveness set in the time of Jesus.



















Thinking about the Future (a book you know you'll re-read many times in the future): Anne of Green Gables series. Especially Anne of the Island and Rilla of Ingleside. This is in addition to the ones that I already mentioned that I've read more than once.


Thank you guys so much for reading! And thanks for the tag Brittany!

~Clarissa

1 comment:

  1. Awe, girl this is so cool and you're so welcome for the tag. I love this tag to death and I absolutely adore when I get to see other bloggers do it.

    The One Memory of Flora Banks looks super cool based on just the cover. I'm gonna go check it out as soon as I'm done with mah comment. ^-^

    Ah yes, The Book Thief. I'm forcing my family to read it allowed after Diary of Anne Frank so I can actually get through it. Pretty excited about this one since it's kind of a classic.

    ReplyDelete