Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

WIPs!!

I'm finally doing it, guys! A list of my WIPs (works in progress) along with my very first aesthetic boards!!!! I am soooo excited. Here goes:

SHADOWS 



This novel is currently a first draft, at a little over 58,000 words. It's a thriller/suspense, set in a futuristic society. The main character is Lila. The buff blonde guy is Jacob, her boyfriend, whom she has known since childhood. The dark-haired man is Kent, the instructor for first year trainees. Her father is in prison. The files are the only way she knows to search for the unknown fate of her mother.

Lila Osweil lives in a city full of shadows, but she has never bothered to learn what they hide. All she can focus on is how to escape her abusive father and run away into the arms of her childhood sweetheart Jacob. When Jacob tells her of the government's offer to give  her freedom if she becomes an agent for them, Lila accepts. But frightening visions that begin after her father nearly has Jacob killed haunt her, and as she begins her training, everything and everyone she knows begins to twist around her until Lila can no longer determine what is real and what isn't.


THE BLOOD OATH 

 This novel is currently a first draft collaboration with my friend Kelton, at not quite 29,000 words. It's a fantasy, set in the world of Miradal.The girl is Esterlyn, and she is from Wata. The man is Hanilov, who is from Hanox. An ancient war has left animosity between the two peoples. The sand is the main characteristic of Wata, as the snowy mountains are of Hanox. And then the weapons of the land.

When Esterlyn runs away from both her home and her past in the country of Wata, she runs to a city full of a people who hate hers: the Hanoxi. In that city, Hanilov is a gang member and aspiring assassin whose initiation mission becomes to kill Esterlyn. After a moment of a desperation causes her to bind them together for eternity, both of them must struggle with the challenges of sharing their life with a person they neither know nor understand. When their journey comes to the point where both their lives and the fate of their countries hang in the balance, what will they choose?


SHATTERED 

 This novel is currently a first draft collaboration with four of my other friends, at about 51,000 words. It's set in modern times, but it has some.....sci-fi elements I guess? The girl is Shara, my character, and the guy is Zayne, one of my friend's characters. The only reason he's on there with her is because they fall in love ;).

Jackson is trying to help his friend Bex keep it together after her parents' divorce. Ash jokes and lives carelessly with his twin brother and younger sister. Shara lives in isolation with her abusive father after her mother's death. Zayne struggles with depression after losing his girlfriend. When all five of them look in the mirror to find they have no reflection, they discover a whole new world. One that has them running for their lives, making them work together and putting aside their differences to save the world. 


Please let me know what you think of my precious novels and my aesthetic boards! Which one is your favorite? Do you want snippets? Hope you enjoyed them!

~Clarissa

10 comments:

  1. I like the way the Shadows board is arranged, and also, it feels like it nails the book. Personally the Blood Oath would be my favorite pictures-wise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many stories! And you have quite the impressive word count for each of them. That's awesome. :D

    The teaser for "Shadows" sounds really interesting! I definitely want snippets and more information about that novel. So exciting! :)

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KATIE GRACE! You're on my friends blog, so cool :D

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for reading, Katie! I'll make sure to fulfill that request for Shadows snippets :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANT SNIPPETS FOR ALLLLL THE NOVELS!!! They sound absolutely lovely and I must read them!! P.S. I like Blood Oath because it fascinates me and I really like the concept of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Blood Oath is my favorite. I'm so in love with the characters and the story.

      Delete
    2. YASS I NEED BLOOD OATH SNIPPETS!!!!

      Delete
  5. Ooh it was fun reading about your books!!! The last one sounds especially interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I legibly need snippets of these things because GLORIOUSNESS AWAITS

      Delete
    2. Haha, I totally meant legitly, not legibly. Laughing out loud over here over my poor spelling errors 😂

      Delete