Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2018

The Lilah Music Challenge


What is one song on the radio that annoys you?

     "Old Church Choir" by Zach Williams. Ugh. I don't know what it is exactly that makes me hate this song so much but I turn the radio off every time it comes on.

One song that you love and sing along to every time it comes on the radio?
     Right now, it's "Counting Every Blessing" by Rend Collective. I actually don't think it fits my voice very well, but I love to sing it at the top of my voice.

Favorite and least favorite genre of music?
     Well, it's probably a tie for favorite between EDM and Alternative. As far as least favorite.....well I like most genres, but I don't like screamo or metal. I also don't like funky music.

Last song you listened to?
    "Ships in the Night" by Matt Kearney.

A song you've been listening to a lot?
     "You Are the Reason" by Calum Scott.

Favorite music video?
     I don't really watch music videos.....

Are you listening to music right now?
     Yep. So technically the last song I listened to will change from the time I answered it to when I post this.

Favorite romantic song?
     Seriously? I have to pick just one? I guess I'll go with "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran. I know. So cliche.

Last song you cried during?
     Oh gosh.....Probably "See You Again" by Charlie Puth.

Last song that made you laugh?
     I don't think songs really make me laugh, but I'm pretty sure "Deer in the Headlights" by Owl City has made me laugh on occasion.

A song you like in a different language?
     Hmm. "Now We Are Free" from Gladiator has beautiful Hebrew lyrics.

Favorite summer song?
     "Good Time" by Owl City ft. Carly Rae Jepsen

Road trip song?
     Don't have one.....like is that a thing?

Put yourself to sleep song?
     "Saturn" by Sleeping at Last.

While you read song?
      I don't listen to music while I read.

While you study song?
     Again, don't listen to music while I study.

Last song on your playlist?
     Well.....I have multiple playlists......

Song that makes you want to dance?
     Pretty much anything by Built by Titan, but specifically "Broken Love" or "Collide".

Power song?
     "Dangerous" by Built by Titan. That was my senior song.

Instrumental song?
     Not sure exactly what this question is asking, but I love "Requiem for a Dream" or "River Flows in You".

A song with a color in it?
      Uh....."Real World" by Owl City. *pats myself on the back for thinking of it*

A song that means a lot to you right now?
     "Tell Your Heart to Beat Again" by Danny Gokey & "See You Again" by Charlie Puth because I miss Jared hecka much but one day I will be reunited with him. I love you Jared.

Favorite Disney song?
     "Evermore" by Dan Stevens from Beauty and the Beast.

Favorite Disney princess song?
     "I See the Light" from Tangled or "Let It Go" from Frozen *sue me

Disney song you hate/dislike?
     "You're Welcome" from Moana. UGH.

Favorite Disney soundtrack as a whole?
     I don't listen to enough Disney to have an answer for this one.

Take your favorite season and make a 5 song playlist for it
     My favorite season is spring......and I have no idea how to make a playlist for it.

What are your comfort songs?

  • "Tell Your Heart to Beat Again" by Danny Gokey
  • "Hope in Front of Me" by Danny Gokey 
  • "No Longer Slaves" by Bethel Music
  • "It is Well" by Bethel Music
  • "Not Alone" by RED (this is probably #1)
Winter song that is not about Christmas or a typical Christmas song?
     "Peppermint Winter" by Owl City.

A song with food in it?
    "The Other Side" from the Greatest Showman. I live among the swells and we don't pick up peanut shells!!

Music you listen to while you clean your room?
     My Spotify music on shuffle. 

Songs for each of your top two holidays?
     "Mary Did You Know" for Christmas and "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" for Christmas because I don't have a second favorite holiday.

What movie/TV show theme songs can you sing?
     Gilligan's Island, the Brady Bunch.....and I guess that's it.

Song not about relationships, boys, or something super sad or serious?
     "Dragon" by Built by Titan.

A folk tune you like?
     "Danny Boy". I can also sing this one.

Song that always gets stuck in your head?
      "Shut Up and Dance with Me" 

Workout playlist?
     When I worked out, it was pretty much all my rock songs.

Wedding playlist?
     I don't really have a playlist, but one song that I really want in my wedding is "I Get to Love You" by Ruelle. 


Do you have a song that reminds you of your OTPs?
     "All of Me" by Matt Hammitt reminds me of Esterlyn and Hanilov.

A song you feel different about now that you've seen the music video?
    Like I said, I don't really watch music videos. 

A song you would recommend to everyone?
     "Tell Your Heart to Beat Again" by Danny Gokey.

A song you don't like telling people about so you can horde it and make it "your song"?
      I don't have one.

A song that makes you want to go out and do something crazy/adventurous?
      "Wake Me Up" by Avicci. 

A song that is super catchy, but you don't like?
     "Paradise" by Britney Spears is a HORRIBLE song but when my cross training coach used to play it, it would get stuck in my head. 

A song you listen to while pretending to listen to someone talk?
     Do people actually do this????

A children's song you like?
     Uh......idk.....

A lullaby you would sing to your own children?
     "Deep in the Meadow" from the Hunger Games or "Hush Sweetheart" written by yours truly.

A song that is your theme song?
     I don't have a themes song. 

Favorite book about a musician?
     Well, I've only read one and that was "Unashamed" by Lecrae. 

Favorite music blog?
     ABBIEEEEEEEEEEE

An unknown/lesser known musician?
     *clears throat* Birdy, Sleeping at Last, Fleurie, Ruelle, Svrcina, Built by Titan, Guy Sebastian......

Favorite radio station?
     Air1 all the way.

What musician do you listen to the most?
     Well, Owl City is the artist that I own the most songs for.

Rihanna or Beyonce?
     Neither, but if I have to choose, Rihanna only because I like her song "Stay"

Last musical you watched?
     The Greatest Showman. *insert heart eyes emoji*

A musical you've never watched but really want to?
     Les Miserables and Dear Evan Hansen

Favorite musical score from a movie that is not a musical?
     The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. 

Last musical you belted around the house?
     The Greatest Showman.

Favorite song from the Greatest Showman soundtrack?
     "This is Me" and "Rewrite the Stars"

Do you have any musical merch?
     I have one Skillet shirt. I really want to get more, but it's so darn expensive!



That was a super long ramble about music......I hope you guys enjoyed it and got a little taste of what my music is like. :D


2 comments:

  1. YES YES YES YES YESSSSSS. You did the tag thing!

    You're Welcome from Moana actually does annoy me a bit, but not as much as the Shiny song does....

    CAN I STEAL YOUR COMFORT SONGS BECAUSE THOSE ARE ALSO MY COMFORT SONGS AND IMMA JUST GO AHEAD AND TAKE THOSE OKAY?

    You have OCD my dear....Owl City Disorder😂👌

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DID!!

    Aw yay we twinsies!!! "Not Alone" is the absolute best.

    *dies laughing* that is amazing

    ReplyDelete