Pages

Friday, August 11, 2017

"Caged"

     Hi guys. Here I am again, having not posted in awhile. My excuse is that I've been pretty exhausted lately. Anyway, I thought that I would share another one of my poems with you. If you don't like depressing things, I would suggest not reading this.
     This poem is called "Caged" and it was captured because of a moment, but I think it also sums up how I have felt throughout my life. I have often felt trapped, like I cannot be myself, or I have no choice. It is very hard feeling like you are in a cage, and there is no key or even lock. It is simply something you cannot break free of.
     One of the things that I've tried to learn is to appreciate even the small moments of freedom. I have also tried to learn how to be free within my cage, which is a rather contradictory sentence. However, it is possible. But this poem doesn't speak of that. It speaks of the most helpless moments in my life. Maybe later I can write a more hopeful poem. But right now, this is me.


     "Caged"

Deeper and deeper 
Into the floor I sink
Chains no longer strain
In freedom desperation

I lay my head down
Submission finds my soul
Through my walls tears slip
Overwhelming helplessness holds them

Suffocating and drowning
My mind and soul hide
Bars hold everything in
Longing to be outside

Powerless to resist
Rules set long ago
Determine my fate
I am caged



~Clarissa

1 comment:

  1. Friend...this is really powerful.

    I relate to this because there have been times when I truly felt overwhelmed, hurt, and almost hopeless; times when the future was more uncertain than ever and I couldn't see how any of it could possibly work out for anything good. But those were the times when I had to trust that God would get me through it and that He would heal my broken heart and make me new. It was those times when God used the people in my life to show me that He was still there and that I wasn't alone, even when it felt like I was.

    Friend, it's perfectly okay that you feel caged. No one expects you to be wonderful and happy 100% of the time. But never lose hope that God can and WILL free you from your cage. Your cage is nothing that God cannot wipe clean. Just remember that...and let God heal you and make you new.

    "Bring me out
    Come and find me in the dark now
    Everyday by myself I'm breaking down
    I don't wanna fight alone anymore
    Bring me out
    From the prison of my own pride
    My God I need a hope I can't deny
    In the end I'm realizing
    I was never meant to fight on my own"

    ~On My Own, Ashes Remain

    Praying for you friend. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete