Pages

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Why Do I Blog?

    Why do you blog? A friend of mine recently asked me this question, and perhaps some of my readers ask this question as well.

     I only recently started reading people's blogs (shortly before I started my own) and until then, I was extremely unfamiliar with the world of blogging. I personally don't think I have the greatest blogger presence, and the graphics of my blog aren't anything worth writing home about either. I also struggle to write posts consistently. So why do I blog?

     I blog for the same reason that I write: to touch people's lives. I blog for the power that words have. I blog because I believe that God can use what I write to transform someone's day, or even someone's life. I blog because I believe that my opinions and advice and maybe even my ramblings are something worth offering to a broken and dying world.

     I think all human beings desire connection, and it's an amazing thing when you connect to the words of a person maybe you haven't even met in real life. It gives us a sense of belonging. It makes us feel like we're understood. Not feeling either of those things is not pleasant, and anything that I can contribute to take away that is my pleasure.

     Now, if I'm being honest, there's also a selfish reason why I blog (the same goes for why I write). I blog to process my thoughts about life and the struggles I'm going through. And even though it's to help me deal with things, I hope that others can draw strength and hope from those posts. When I wrote my post about the challenge of being a Christian with depression, the number of people it encouraged moved me so much.

     Also, I blog simply because it brings me joy to write in any shape or form, and it brings me happiness to share my thoughts with the world and be the light that God calls us to be through my writing.

     My main goal in blogging is to inspire others, to strengthen others, to give hope, to give light, and sometimes to just bring some happiness to someone.

     Thank you to all who read my blog. If you follow my blog, or even if you've just read one of my posts and liked what I had to say, comment and let me know what you would like me to blog about! Your wish is my command ;)

~Clarissa

2 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3

    You're amazing, Clarissa. ;) i have no requests about your blogging, just seeing you blog about what you love makes me smile. Keep it up, girly.

    ReplyDelete